Problem: “Fail to Link with Lock...” message appears on the screen when a good code is entered.
The "Fail to Link with Lock..." message means that the EntryPad cannot “see” the lock body – it is not communicating with each other.
- Remove the battery from the surelock drawer, if there.
- Place your palm at the bottom of the entrypad and push upwards ( about 1/4 of an inch).
- Inspect the communication cable on the back of the entrypad for damage, pinches, crimps, knicks, and exposed wire.
- While Entrypad is in palm, insert a good Duracell or Energizer 9 Volt Alkaline then try the code again.
- If you have access to the lock body, complete a Simple Mechanical Reset:
- Ensure that the lock, and EntryPad are not connected and that the battery is not connected to the EntryPad.
- Find the reset hole on the back of the lock (under the QC sticker).
- Using a poke tool, depress the reset button on the back of the lock 3 times. This discharges any latent energy within the locks capacitors.
- Now the part that requires 3 hands… Depress the reset button and hold it in its depressed position. While the reset button is depressed, connect the lock cable to the lock and then connect the battery to the entrypad.
- Continue holding the reset button for 10 seconds, after the cable is plugged in.
- Release the Reset button. Enter the known code to check for success.
Note: this procedure does not RESET any codes. It only links the Entrypad and its programming, to the Lock body.
Please call SECURAM's Technical Support for further troubleshooting:
On New Locks and Entrypads, the Pairing procedure should resolve Fail to Link messages.